Reasons for Establishing Relationships with People Who Do Not Benefit Life

I've often pondered what's most crucial for sustaining relationships. I used to think that by being attentive, considerate, and kind, I could ensure a recurring role in the dramas of others' lives.

However, among the thousands of contacts stored on my phone, less than 20% are those I've met or exchanged greetings with in the past year.

"Do I need to clean up my contacts?"

I entertained this thought briefly, but then I hesitated, thinking, "Why bother? They might feel hurt if they find out I deleted their contact after finally reaching out..."

It wasn't just about contacts. Upon closer observation, I realized I was expending energy on people who did not contribute to my life.

"I don't want to meet them..."

I would think, yet I couldn't bring myself to reject them outright. (Though now, sometimes, I handle such situations adeptly.)

"Why do we form relationships with people who don't benefit our lives? Is it for everyone's sake? No. It's simply because it's the easier path." - Jordan B. Peterson -

To meet people who are truly necessary for me, who can lead me to become a better person, requires a significant amount of energy and effort.

Ultimately, I find myself living this way, pursuing an obscure destination in life with ease.

#WhyEstablishRelationshipsWithPeopleWhoDoNotBenefitLife, #EasyPath, #ObscureDestination, #12RulesForLife, #Quotation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Gyeonggi Techno Park

Have a Dream!

It must be ethical