Overcoming stage fright

I received speech training at work yesterday.

Although I thought I had enough experience in speaking, I quietly attended the mandatory training.

The instructor was U Seol-li, an announcer, and I was amazed at how well she spoke and how enjoyable she made the practice sessions.

No matter how experienced one may be, it's always burdensome to get on stage or observe from the sidelines.

Instructor U taught us how to overcome stage fright.

Practice a lot on the spot.

During the waiting time or while giving a speech, strike confident poses.

It's said that practicing in the actual environment is more effective than practicing alone at home or in the office. There are limitations to practicing at home or in the office.

When you're tense, your muscles tense up. Your heart beats faster, and your hands, arms, and legs shake. Muscle reactions provide a signal to the brain that you're tense, leading to a vicious cycle of becoming more nervous. Therefore, it's said that tension can be relieved by sitting arrogantly in the waiting room or assuming superhero poses, like crossing your legs or doing the Superman or Wonder Woman pose. Even during the speech, it helps to keep your chest open and avoid eye contact with uncomfortable people.

Looking back, I realized that I've done similar things through many experiences.

The most effective way for me to calm my mind was to control my mindset by clearly understanding why I'm here.

As I thought about the fact that I know the most and that it doesn't matter whether the audience accepts or rejects my opinion, I felt more comfortable. It may sound rude, but it's a kind of strategy to ignore the audience.

There are times when you're asked to speak suddenly during gatherings or events. I often regret going home without saying anything.

"I should have said something..."

Instructor U says that if you keep in mind the "4 rule," you won't have such regrets.

The four rules are: greetings, thanks, congratulations, and conclusions.

First, greet the attendees, then express gratitude to the hosts and important people. Then congratulate everyone on the event and conclude with a commitment to a hopeful future.

If you keep these four things in mind and attend, it should be good.

Share~! ^^

#StageFright, #Coping, #Solutions, #Methods, #Event, #Speech, #4SRules, #SpeechTraining, #USeolli"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Gyeonggi Techno Park

Have a Dream!

It must be ethical