Handwriting is the trace of the mind

 We are already halfway through the year.

On a sunny spring day, in a conference room where silence and debate intersect, I found myself looking down, scribbling with a Parker ballpoint pen on the pages of my diary.

‘What terrible handwriting…’

The pages were being filled with notes that I would probably never look at again. Yet, out of habit, I continued to mix doodles with actual notes, writing something down.

At one point, I pressed my fingers to draw circles three or four times, indicating something important, but made it almost illegible.

The meeting was boring, but for the past few minutes, a ray of sunlight had been piercing through the blinds, playfully disturbing the middle of my writing.

Suddenly, I recalled the words of handwriting analysis expert, Attorney Bonjin Koo.

Attorney Koo, a former prosecutor in the major crimes division, noticed common traits in the handwriting of violent criminals during his career. Through self-study, he became convinced that handwriting reveals a person's temperament.

“Handwriting is the trace of the mind.”

His words, that one’s character and fate can be seen in their handwriting, are deeply engraved in my memory.

If the horizontal strokes are long, the person has a stable mindset; if they incline upwards, they are optimistic.

If the top line of the letter ‘ㅎ’ is long, it indicates good fortune.

If the vertical strokes are long, the person is driven and efficient.

If the spacing between letters is narrow, the person is assertive.

Sloppy handwriting indicates an impatient personality.

Non-standard handwriting suggests a creative nature.

Handwriting reflects a person’s temperament and doesn’t change much with age. I remember having time to write on manuscript paper as a child and there were private institutes for learning penmanship. There was an older student who wrote beautifully, like the Mincho font on Korean word processors, and I envied them immensely.

As I carefully tried to write neatly, it wasn’t long before it turned back into doodles.

It seems one's temperament doesn’t change easily.


#Handwriting #HandwritingIsTheTraceOfTheMind #BonjinKoo #ReflectsTemperament #CriminalInvestigation



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Gyeonggi Techno Park

Have a Dream!

It must be ethical