You are a late-blooming flower

 You are a late-blooming flower

I had friends who were child prodigies, especially one who played the piano exceptionally well and was very popular. Now, in middle age, seeing how they live their lives when we meet with friends, the image of those friends who showed signs of genius at that time living ordinary lives, and others who were not particularly memorable now being active in the center of society, reminds me of the comforting words of Sister Kim In-sook: "You are a late-blooming flower."

I am raising two boys. The older one has grown up very maturely, and I am always grateful for that, but I worry about the younger one because he loves computer and smartphone games too much. However, looking back at my friends and myself, I smile, thinking, "Yes, you are a late-blooming flower."

The original meaning of education (Educare) is "to lead out." It's not about putting in knowledge but about discovering talents. I think our country's education system needs improvement in evaluating and classifying children based on the triangle of Korean, English, and math, so that diverse flowers can bloom.

"Don Bosco said, 'The first happiness of youth is to know that you are loved.'" - Don Bosco -

What about you? What about your child? What season of flower are they?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Gyeonggi Techno Park

Have a Dream!

It must be ethical